7/18/11

Wine on the way!

* Received a text from  Mt. Palomar wine club that UPS will be bringing me 2 bottles of lovely reds tomorrow- gotta love it when I "must" stay home all day to sign for wine!  ha ha!

* Tomorrow I'm going to experiment with a cheaper version of Maryland crab cakes substituting canned tuna in water.  Crab is SO expensive, and the chunk Phillips crab in the grocery stores here is OUTRAGEOUS! (do you hear Lionel Richie right now?  I do.)

I'll be using a traditional Baltimore recipe combined with some input from Bon Appetit's issue which arrived two days ago- they are also featuring MD Crab Cakes.  We'll see how my own compilated concoction turns out.

As a side, I will be making a corn-black-bean-salsa dish.  More tomorrow as the meal comes together.

Also looking to make a Key Lime Pie.  I bought about two dozen limes, not realizing we were sans Tequila in the house, so now I have to use them up.  I know my mom like key lime, so we'll make her a welcome pie.  It won't actually be "key limes", but they say you can use Persian limes just the same.  Thus... we pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment