7/25/11

Grilled Basil-Marinated Chicken with Spinach Risotto

I almost don't believe it, but my kid actually liked this meal!  My mother also liked it, and when prompted with her "your Mom deserves an A+",  my son said, "No!  More than that.  The chicken is an A+++!" :) 

I marinated the chicken breasts in olive oil, black peppercorns, onion, and fresh basil.  Then we grilled them about 8 min each side.

For the risotto:
1 package (10 oz) of fresh or frozen chopped spinach (cook as directed; I used fresh, microwaved it to steam cooled it, then chopped it up)
3 cups of chicken broth
1 cup of water
1 cup of onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup of long grain aborio rice
1/3 cup of dry white wine
Salt and black pepper, to taste
½ cup of freshly-grated Parmesan cheese

Cook spinach and set aside.  Chop the onion and sautee in the EVOO.  Add rice and stir to coat.  Add water.  Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer.  Add wine, salt, pepper, and stir.  Begin adding broth 1/2 cup at a time until absorbed.  Stir in parmesan and chopped spinach to serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment