5/30/16

Untraditional Memorial Day BBQ

Nothing like having Memorial Day fall at the end of the month, when the teacher paycheck isn't due for two days and you haven't had time to go to the grocery store. 

Thus, we worked with what we had.  In the freezer I had wheat burger buns and turkey italian sausage links. I also had frozen corn. 

My son and I whipped up a light macaroni salad recipe using veggie pasta, yellow pepper, and carrots with light mayo and apple cider vinegar. 

Then I squeezed the sausage out of the casings and made patties to barbecue. It was actually quite tasty- but I seem to have forgotten the golden rule that your patties should be wider than the bun before grilling, because they shrunk up a lot. I probably should have made 3 larger patties instead of the 6 smaller ones.  But it was good. 

And now for a Memorial Day dessert...if Baskin Robins is still open today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment