7/11/16

Vacation Eats!

Holy Moly we at A LOT in Spokane, Washington this summer.  For 3 weeks we gorged ourselves.

First, we had a week of local eats and road trippin' to the Palouse Falls area in Southeastern, WA.  We drove a long way to Lyons Ferry State Park for a picnic before visiting the falls. Grilled hot dogs and chips in the wild is never bad! 





We also went out to Twiggs Bistro several times. That's my parents' favorite restaurant. We had pizza at the Boiler Room, near my parents on the site of the old Tidyman's grocery that I used to go to with my grandma. Their woodfired pizza was so good!  This is the one I had first, and it was excellent along with my salad and gorgonzola ranch for $10 for lunch... what a deal!




Fries with Tartar at Zips, and an Italian meal at the Italian Kitchen downtown. Aidan and I also ate out at Ruby Tuesdays, KFC, and did trips to Trader Joe's and the Mexican grocery for a little taste of home. I picked up chorizo from the local mexican grocery, De Leon's- great homemade tortillas! Pan Dulce? Yes please...


Then it was off to Oompahland!  AKA Leavenworth, WA , the bavarian town in the cascade foothills. We toured the nutcracker museum and then ate Schnitzel with Spaetzel and brats and beer at King Ludwigs. 

Even Aidan tried the chicken schnitzel, though he accidentally
called it shitzel, and it will forever be shitzel in our family!




Week three, Aidan and I discovered Dutch Bros. coffee and never looked back.  It is awesome! 


I can not wait for our next trip to the Pac NW or Vegas, or Arizona. YUMMO!







No comments:

Post a Comment