5/5/16

Back on the WW Wagon

It's been a while, and I'm down 7 pounds after five weeks on the new Smart Points program and C25K.  I am needing to come up with more diabetic and WW Spoints-friendly dishes, so I picked up this:

in hope that I'd get some better ideas than I was seeing on the internets.  Tonight's exercise in experimental cooking will be: 

It requires turkey italian sausage, evaporated milk, jarred pasta sauce, and italian blend cheese.
I shall report back later on how it goes.

Makes 10 servings (3/4 c each) = 9 SP per serving

Ingredients
8 oz spaghetti uncooked
1 # turkey italian sausage
2 T dried italian seasoning
1 C thinly sliced onion
3 gloves garlic (minced)
1 24-oz jar fire-roasted tomato-and-garlic pasta sauce
2 T AP flour
1 12-oz can evaporated fat-free milk
1 8-oz package shredded reduced-fat italian blend cheese
chopped parsley (optional)

Instructions
Cook the spaghetti
Meanwhile, brown sausage with italian seasoning.
Remove sausage with slotted spoon.
Sautee onion and garlic 5 minutes
Stir in sauce.
Add pasta and toss well.
Transfer to casserole dish sprayed w/nonstick spray.

Place flour in small saucepan and slowly add milk.
Whisk together, add pepper, simmer 5 minutes.
Spoon over pasta evenly, then top with cheese.
Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
Garnish with parsley.


This turned out very tasty.  The picture is not doing it justice. My camera did something weird and took a very strange colored picture in which the basil was maroon! I would probably cut this recipe in half, though, because my goodness... I do not need 9 extra servings. I hope it freezes well.



No comments:

Post a Comment