8/8/16

Blaze Pizza

So this build your own pizza craze continues. First, Pielogy came on the scene. Then locally we got The Artisan Pizza. In Spokane, I noticed a Blaze Pizza down by Gonzaga U and when we returned to So Cal, we saw that they were popping up all over.  The newest one is in West Covina, close to home. 

It's a more industrial chic decor; they have a press for the dough like Artisan and Pieology, but it appears to also aerate the bottom and form a lip on the edge. They do have gluten free dough, but I didn't see a wheat option. Anyhoo...

I think it was 5.95 for cheese, 6.95 for one topping, and 7.95 or so for build-your-own unlimited. That seems reasonable, as I think Artisan is at least a dollar more. I ordered a red sauce, mozzarella, bacon/italian meatball, olives mushrooms, zucchini pie.  It was quite good, and the takeout boxes were easily accessible so I could take my half home.  

The dough was, in my opinion, slightly thinner than Artisan, but also more crispy and less chewy than the other, which I kind of like. Maybe it's less gluten in their flour, or because they aerate and it doesn't rise like the Artisan dough. 
It was however, NOT soggy in the middle, as has happened at Pieology, where you pick up the dough and everything slides off.  

So, basically, it was good and I'd go again. It was good enough that I almost forgot to take a photo before I scarfed it down!






No comments:

Post a Comment