5/2/12

Roasted Pork Loin with Mashed Red Skin Potatoes & Vegetable Medley

This afternoon, I had an early day, so post state-testing I stopped at the grocery store & did a little shopping; I also re-joined Weight Watchers today, so the shopping was necessary to prepare for the change in dietary habits required of my new quest to lose weight, drop my blood sugar & blood pressure, move to whole grains and less gluten, and finally, to make food that still tastes good! 


I located this recipe for Roasted Pork Loin, and it was stellar!  It gave me the opportunity to utilize the overgrown rosemary bush shrub (still can't say 'bush' with a straight face!) and try the wine I bought recently- a moscato called DOON BUGGY from the central coast. 
www.doonbuggywine.com


It smelled so good whilst cooking that I napped dreamily through the grey afternoon sprinkles like it were a chilly November; the smells of roast meat and herbs wafted by my nose and lulled me further into REM.  Thank goodness for the timer buzzer!


The true test? The little man.  He ate 3 oz of it for dinner and said, "is this garlic? I taste some garlic. I might have some more of this pork."  I'm continuing to be amazed by his discerning palate...so different from his father's lack of appetit. 


Here's the photo of tonight's fare.  I highly recommend this; the wine sauce reduction was outstanding!  I found myself dipping pieces off the sliced roast directly into the roasting pan at the end! 
Note: beans, peas, corn succotash sauteed by my child! 

No comments:

Post a Comment