5/19/18

Maryland Style Shrimp

Once again stealing from my cousin, a Baltimore-area native. I'm in agreement that Old Bay is the greatest seafood spice on the planet! I adapted it to a smaller portion size, since my husband wouldn't dare eat shellfish. I also left out the onion so I could share it with my son, but for myself, I'd add that back in.



Ingredients
1 # shrimp (raw, tail & shell on)
3 T Old Bay
1/2 bottle of beer
1/4 c water
1/2 onion (cut in two)

Directions
In a large pot with a steamer insert tightly fitted, add beer and roughly 1/2 cup water. You want to be sure that when boiling, the liquid will not reach the bottom of the steamer so this will depend on the size of your pot.

Bring to a boil, dumping liquid if it reaches steamer.

Add shrimp and chopped onion to the steamer basket.

Cover with Old Bay (or more if you like it spicy)

Steam for roughly 5 minutes, or until the shrimp is completely pink and cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment