4/18/15

Houston's Knock-Off Ribs

Stater Brothers had a sale on pork ribs, and I got way too many.  That's what happens when you leave your husband with the butcher and wander away.   I've got half in the freezer, and the other half I'm grilling tonight using this recipe:

HOUSTON'S KNOCK OFF RIBS

I know they won't be like Houston's exactly, but it's worth a try.

I followed it with the exception of being out of Liquid Smoke and substituting Smoked Paprika in my steam water.  I'm using smoky mesquite coals as well.

This recipe included a bbq sauce recipe, thank goodness, because after I steamed the ribs I realized I didn't have any bbq sauce in the fridge!

Smells yummy!

I didn't use wax paper;  melted wax disaster sounded bad.
So I used parchment paper instead and it worked fine.

After the steaming, this is how the ribs came out.
Meat was already falling off the bone! 

Slathering of the bbq sauce onto the steamed ribs.

Grilled bone side down for 10 minutes.

And voila!

This picture isn't a good one, but here we have a couple 
finished ribs and some home-dressed coleslaw on the side.

1 comment:

  1. I've been perusing your blog, and the link to the recipe no longer is valid. Do you have a copy of this Houston's rib recipe?

    ReplyDelete