8/7/11

Lazy Sunday

 Last night was a tequila night, so I've been a bit sluggish today.  The chicken I had marinaded to grill yesterday became today's fare, so it had plenty of time to soak up my homemade marinate of white wine and Trebessence.  Not exactly Emeril's recipe, but a concoction of my own of : paprika, garlic powder, chives, and season salt.  I may have put a pinch of cayenne in there, too, as the chicken had a little kick now and then, but it was really moist.  There are so many ways to grill chicken, it's hard to go wrong.  A little green bean and wild rice medley, and it was chow time.  Mmm mmm.  Basic and tasty.
                                                            

Anyone have some suggestions for other marinades for skinless grilled chicken?  I plan to be eating a lot of this as I work on changing my recipes for more low fat, protein rich, higher fiber meals and attempt to lower that pesky blood sugar again!  Here's an interesting one I found online that I hope to use this week:
Provence Chicken Marinade (chicken served with a side of pesto-tossed pasta)
Combine:
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons EVOO
1 clove garlic, crushed (or 1/8 tsp garlic powder)
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried rosemary (I'll use 1 T chopped, fresh rosemary from my garden)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Since Aidan and I made that fresh pesto, it'll need to be used up this week, so this is a lovely way to do so and use the chicken breasts on hand in my freezer for marinade/grilling.  I'll report back on my Poulet de Provence later this week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment