1/9/16

Ree Drummond Strikes Again

I was up at pre-dawn, unable to sleep with "the crud". I nearly ordered "Cize" by Shaun T from an infomercial to dance away my weight. At $32.99 I decided not, before changing the channel to The Pioneer Woman's slow cooked sticky spicy ribs & hominy casserole.

An hour later, I put in the half rack and chipotles in adobe sauce in the slow cooker. I think I might know why I'm not losing weight.

The ribs will slow cook for 8 hours in the crock pot, then we'll skim the fat from the sauce, add a corn starch slurry, thicken & baste the ribs on a foil-lined tray to be baked for 45 more minutes.

Meanwhile... The hominy casserole recipe is here


The ribs are delicious, though spicy!  Don't let that slip by you in the title.  I had to have milk on standby. Next time I may skip the chipotles. I also substituted Smuckers Sugar Free preserves to cut the sugar a bit, especially with the ketchup added in, for my diabetic self.  Aside from the heat, the meat fell off the bone.  I would watch the basting time, though, as at 30 minutes, the smaller ribs were almost burning. I'd definitely check every ten minutes.  My son was warned about the heat after yelling "You have RIBS!?", because he loves ribs. But the heat was not problem for him as he is, in his own words, "technically half-Mexican".  Whatevs!


No comments:

Post a Comment