6/24/14

Grill-Roasted Potatoes in Red Fork Sauce

One of the best tools to have in your kitchen is a cast iron skillet.  Once seasoned, it's just a phenomenal piece of cookery. 

I was in Target today and found something new called Red Fork Naturals. (Check out their website HERE)  They had a few inexpensive sautee sauces that were under $3.00.  I decided to grab one to try called "GARLIC ROASTED POTATO SEASONING SAUCE".   (Also available at Cost Plus World Market and Amazon)
 
The recipe called for a pound of red potatoes, which I didn't have. I substituted 1# of russets (cut into smaller pieces). Also, I didn't want to heat up the oven for this on a hot summer day, so after grilling my pork chops, I plopped them in the cast iron skillet, poured over the sauce, gave them a toss and put them on the grill. Following the packet directions, it says to roast for 35-45 minutes.  I put the skillet on the grill rack, then I started with 25 minutes on the grill, tossed them a bit, then back on for another 15.  It turned out to be about five minutes too long, but that didn't effect the taste.  YUMMO! The potatoes got a nice crisp outside and stayed moist inside; great flavor.  I'd suggest going 30 minutes and if the potatoes aren't done, giving it five minutes at a time from there.  Really a good recipe and easy since you can throw it on the grill too! 



No comments:

Post a Comment