4/1/14

Comfort Country-Style Pork Ribs w/ Cucumber Salad



I picked up boneless pork ribs at the store today, and this recipe came with them, so I'm giving it a try.

3 lbs. country-style pork ribs
6 c. red cabbage, sliced (about 1 1/2 lbs)  (I used white cabbage because I had it on hand)
1 medium onion, sliced
1 apple, peeled, cored, slice (I omitted this as I'm not fond of sweet apple with my savory foods)
1/3 c cider vinegar
2 T brown sugar
2 T olive oil

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Place the cabbage, onion, apple in the bottom of a 4 quart casserole or dutch oven.  Season with salt/pepper to taste.

Heat olive oil in a saute pan over med heat. Add ribs and cook until browned on all sides, about 6-8 minutes.  Remove from pan and place overtop of cabbage/onion mixture.  Pour off fat if necessary, then deglaze pan with mix of vinegar/brown sugar (combine these ahead of time to dissolve sugar).  Stir to remove brown bits, then pour over ribs and cabbage.  Cover and bake 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. Serves 8.

This was DELICIOUS!  I can't believe how good it was and I will DEFINITELY use this recipe again!  So easy, and wonderful... meat was tasty and tender, cabbage/onions were a wonderful topping.   Very happy with this recipe!

On the side, I made fresh greens beans and cucumber salad.

This is my own version of the Stella Dog Cafe's cucumber salad:
1 cucumber, diced into small chunks
1-2 T. rice vinegar
1/2 dill pickle spear diced (Kosher dill, Claussen preferred!)
Sprinkle with Tajin (spice mix available in produce aisle)
Stir, chill, and serve when ready

No comments:

Post a Comment